Tuesday 26 January 2010

Pressers from the AO

I love reading press conferences when they are funny! Nikolay Davydenko's ones this week have been pretty good, and here is some other funny stuff from the last few days:

Zheng Jie

Q. Is it easy to work with your husband as a coach?

JIE ZHENG: Yeah, he is my coach. But now I have another two new coach. One from America. He teach me a lot just for serve. Another one from China also.

Q. I didn't understand. Two other husbands or two other coaches?

JIE ZHENG: Two other coach (smiling).

Q. Very strong with the women [in Chinese tennis], but there are no men.

JIE ZHENG: Yeah, is hard question. (Smiling.) Everybody want know.

Q. Do you know why?

JIE ZHENG: Maybe men need more hard working. I don't know. (Laughter.)


Andy Murray

Q. When you talk with your team after a win like tonight, do you smile more? Do you have a voice which sounds more happy than now? Now you talk almost like you lost.

ANDY MURRAY: Have you ever sat in this seat before? I mean, last year I played 80 odd matches and we do a press conference after every single match. We do one before every tournament. More for other bits and pieces.

Q. It's very boring.

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I don't know (smiling). You just get used to doing it. I don't get excited about doing them anymore.

THE MODERATOR: That's lucky because this one's over.


Marin Cilic

Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).


Li Na

Q. Why were you better than Caroline?

NA LI: Maybe I eat Chinese food. (Laughter.)

Q. You mentioned after I think your last opponent in round three that you went to Chinatown and you had some spicy Chinese food that hurt your stomach. It tasted great, but made you a little bit sick. Have you been back to the same restaurant? What are you doing now?

NA LI: Actually I was eat two days in a row in Chinese. If I feeling stomach was a little bit uncomfortable I would go Korea. And then feeling better, I go back Chinese food again. (Laughing.)

Yeah, I mean, I love Chinese food, so I was ‑‑ around of the world I always found Chinese restaurant. Yeah. I mean, good for my stomach. I know sometimes bad, but I still love it.

Q. Is it Korean or Chinese tonight?

NA LI: Because yesterday was Korea, so maybe today I go Chinese. (Laughter.) Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment