Saturday 23 January 2010

Funny interviews from the AO!

There's a show on Eurosport every day during the Australian Open called 'Game, Set and Mats' with Mats Wilander and Annabel Croft talking about the tournament. There's a feature on it called 'Babs Undercover' with Barbara Schett doing random funny stuff around the grounds, and on yesterday's feature she interviewed players with different questions than usual to see what their reactions would be like. I don't know if anyone will put the episodes up on youtube sometime but for now I transcribed the interviews with the players!

Here they are:

Dinara Safina

Dinara: Today, I think, was quite solid game from my side
Barbara: (touching teeth) Sorry, I've got something in my tooth. Do I have something in there?
D: (looks seriously) No
B: Just in the middle there
D: No
B: Are you sure? It's really bothering me when I talk
D: (laughing now) No, nothing
B: Is there nothing?
D: No (laughing)
B: Okay, dont worry, I'll give it another try


Alona Bondarenko

Barbara: Congratulations, Kateryna, you've -
Alona: Alona
B: Ah is it Alona?
A: Yeah
B: Oh I'm sorry, I mixed you up, so stupid
(Kateryna is standing near them and smiles)
B: And what about your sister Alona, is she happy that you won?
A: Yeah, she's happy for me, it's first time I won 3rd round, yeah she's happy
B: Alona or Kateryna?
A: Kateryna
B: (points at Kateryna) Kateryna, (points at Alona) Alona, it's so confusing, unbelievable
A: (points at Kateryna) She's there
(Kateryna laughs and waves at camera)


Maria Kirilenko

Barbara: I also heard that you actually got offered a role in the new James Bond movie as a Bond girl? True?
Maria: (looks confused) No but I mean we have different surname actually. My surname is Kirilenko and her name is Kurylenko I think
B: The girl who played in the last James Bond movie?
M: Yes
B: But I heard that you got offered a role in the next one? Have you not heard that?
M: (still looking confused) No (laughs)
B: Would you like that?
M: I mean it's nice of course to get... (laughs) It's just a joke?
B: Yes
(both laugh)


Fernando Gonzalez

Barbara: Something completely different, I read in the newspaper that you got voted to the sexiest man in Chile, is that true?
Fernando: Oh really? I don't know, thanks. But I didn't know (laughs)
B: You didn't know about that?
F: I didn't know
B: But you're huge there, everybody must know
F: Maybe it was in my website
B: Well done, congrats. Thank you, thanks so much
F: (laughs) Thanks. Is that true?
B: No
(both laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment